If you are in need of selling your house fast, you may be considering opting for one of those house buying companies that offer a `quick sale.These house buying companies generally offer to buy your house at a discounted price and in as little as a week.
That being said, due to many scams and fake companies out there, it is very important for homeowners to be very careful when choosing a `quick sale’ company.
In case you’re wondering which companies fall under the category of a ´quick sale’ company, there are those who offer either to buy your house themselves, of find a third party buyer who will do so very quickly, and pay cash for your house.
The price they will pay is usually lower than the full market value of your property.
Pros and Cons of Opting for a ´Quick Sale’ Company
The services they are able to provide are very useful for homeowners in need of selling their house fast for cash, they can help out in cases such as:
• Help get rid of inherited property
• Sell a home due to a relationship dissolving or divorce
• Clear debts, sort through a financial issue or avoid repossession
• Relocate due to emigrating or a change of job
• Move due to health related issues
• If a homeowner has not been able to sell their property through a traditional real estate agent, this offers an alternative route.
• If there is damage to the property, this is a fast and inexpensive way to sell it.
• There are some shady companies who after agreeing to purchase a house for a certain price, at the very last minute they will lower the agreed upon price.
• The customer is not always explained what the fee structures are.
• There are some companies who make false property valuations
• With some contracts customers are tied in, this prevents them from being able to sell the house to someone else, even if the offer is better
Tips to Help You Choose a Trustworthy `Quick Sale’ Company
If you have decided to go with a `quick sale’ company, here are a few tips you should adhere to guarantee that you choose the best company:
1. Do Your Own Valuation
Get more than on valuation from a real estate agent, this way you are aware of whether an offer made by a `quick sale’ company is fair or not.
2. Shop Around
Not all of these companies are the same, look into companies that offer what you need.
3. Look Over Their Credentials
Look into the companies you are considering, ask around for references and look online for any reviews about each company in question.
Even if you are in need of fast cash, do not be shy about negotiating either the price and/or the terms.
5. Everything Should Be In Writing
It may sound perfect and you may feel as if the person you are dealing with is honest, however it is better safe than sorry so make sure that you get everything in writing.
6. Go Slow
Never allow someone to pressure you into making a decision, take your time and go slow.
7. Carefully Go Over Your Written Agreement
Never sign an agreement if you do not fully understand what it is you are agreeing to. Consult your lawyer and make sure that everything you are unsure about is clearly explained.
By sticking to the advice provided above and really taking your time to make the right decision, you can find a `quick sale’ company that can help with your needs.